Casual

Wednesday, November 24, 2010


As I am not returning to the Philippines this summer, it would've been really cool to have gotten a summer job and earned truckloads of moolah this break.


Unfortunately due to laziness and procrastination (DAMN YOU TWO) I applied too late and so ended up with nothing.


Instead I find myself back at McDonalds, just grabbing at whatever shifts I can find. Working casual means most of the time I'm not even rostered- they just call me either on the day itself or the day before and ask me to work, and i want the moolah, so i take the shifts.


On the plus side, the casual rate is $16 per hour as compared to $13 per hour. That might not seem much, but when you count say, 10 hours of work a week, the difference becomes $30 a week, $120 in a month (MATHS MOOTHERFUCKER). So yeah- it is a big difference.


On the downside, it's really hard to make a schedule around something that's completely arbitrary. I have to bring my mom to physiotherapy twice weekly, and I also want to go out and chill (IT'S SUMMER) but being 'on call' 24/7 makes it hard to fit in these things while still receiving the optimum amount of shifts possible.


In all honesty, I hate being casual, but it's working for now (moolalalalah) so I guess i'll stick with it.


ENOUGH WINGING.
It's 330 am and i hear birds outside. That means it's time to sleep.
Work starts again in 6 and a half hours
holy fuck.
I need to stop playing Backyard Monsters.
BUT THE VERY ACT OF BURNINATING HELPLESS (sometimes not so helpless) VILLAGES WITH MY MONSTER ARMY IS SO MUCH FUN : /

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Blogger moox. said...

mooolalalalalala apply at yen's place with me :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home