Barney

Monday, November 1, 2010




Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green, I wear suits and I’m awesome. I’m your bro—I’m Broda!

If you've ever watched How I Met Your Mother, you know who Barney Stinson is. (If you haven't ever watched HIMYM, may I suggest you jump off a bridge right now?)

Part crazy, part douchebag and yet always 100% awesome, the character's entertaining mannerisms and err... 'insightful' theories on just about everything have won the hearts of many, and Barney is arguably one of the main reasons for the show's success.

Ted once remarks that in every group, there's always a Barney. There's always that someone who comes up with those eccentric theories and spontaneous ideas about what to do on a Saturday night.

The HIMYM cast often get frustrated with Barney's immature and over-the-top tendencies, but when it comes down to it, they keep him, because his new ideas (see: Lemon Law, Pyramid of Screaming and much more) are as entertaining as they are intriguing. They keep him because he's fun (laz0r tag is making a comeback). They keep him because Barney Stinson is different, and his presence is refreshing.

What would How I Met Your Mother Be without Barney? What would your own group of friends be like without that crazy Barney-esque member of the group? This blogpost is dedicated to the Barneys of the world. They add that bit of legendary to our own lives. So cheers to them.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home